First thing to do will be to check if the cable is properly plugged in
If it is not:
1. Check the arrow direction on the cable coming from the front wheel.
2. Check the arrow direction on the connection port on the fork.
3. Align both arrows and firmly insert the cable.
If that’s not the case, try to see if the wheel has resistance when turning by hand. Then unplug the motor and see if the resistance goes away. If that is the case, there’s an issue with the controller and not with the wheel.
Another way to diagnose the motor and controllers would be as per the following instructions:
- if the connections are all fine, and the motor is not working you could swap the motor connection on the controller, and connect the rear motor to the front controller, then the front motor to the rear controller
- After you swap the motor wires, if the previously malfunctioning motor is now is working, and the other motor is not working then the controller needs to be replaced.
- If the malfunctioning motor is still not working, and the other motor is working, then the motor needs to be replaced.